After the recent controversy on the title " Khaleja " , now, yet another has arisen for the title " Kathi " . We all know for the past few weeks that the title for Kalyan Ram " s latest film is being considered as " Kathi " . Since the title has already been registered by Gunasekhar at Film Chamber of Commerce, the title has been changed to " Kalyan Ram Kathi " , just like " Mahesh Khaleja " . So once again the title controversy has begun.
Gunasekhar, who is planning to direct Ravi Teja with the title " Kathi " has raised an objection to the title " Kalyan Ram Kathi " .
Speaking to the media personal at his office Gunasekhar said, " I " ve registered the title " Kathi " some 3 years ago under DVV Danayya " s banner with an agreement that the title will be given to me when required. Although I narrated this story first to Allu Arjun, he preferred to do " Varudu " , so I " ve planned this film with Ravi Teja which will go on sets in April, 2011. But since the other party has used my title by keeping the hero " s name in small font and the original title in large size font, I complained to Film Chamber. The Film Chamber also gave me the confidence that they will sort out the problem. Later the committee members Dil Raju and Valluripally Ramesh (they were appointed to fix title controversies after " Khaleja " case) explained that they cannot support me since the majority of the members opined that the usage of title in that manner is not incorrect. The court has dismissed the " Khaleja " title case since the other producer did not even start the film. Whereas in my case, we have already began the pre-production work. So there is logic in my objection for the title. But in the mean time they have started the publicity of their film by misusing my title, so to settle the matter I requested them to keep the entire title in the same size font instead of the hero " s name in small font and the original title in big font. But they have not agreed to it. Thus I had to come in front of the media to declare that my title is being used without permission. This title " Kathi " was initially asked by VV Vinayak for the film " Krishna " but since I explained him that this title is strong point for my story, he has understood me. Similarly I asked Nallamalapu Bujji for " Varudu " title and given it to my film. So what I feel is one has to ask the concerned persons before using their titles instead of acting in a right royal manner. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top