A good number of NRI actresses are increasingly making their presence felt in Telugu cinema. Vimala Raman, a Tamil girl born and raised in Australia, is one of them. She made her debut in Evaraina Epudaina but she sizzled on the screen with Jagapathi Babu in Gayam   Her latest film Ranga The Donga, where she is paired opposite Srikanth, is slated for release on December 30th. She is also working in films such as Raj, Chattam and Chukkalanti Ammayi Chakkanaina Abbayi.

"I can never forget the vital role Balachander has played in my career. This is a glamorous profession. I enjoy being glamorous if I can," she observes. Talking about Ranga The Donga, she says, "I play a cop called Mangamma, who hails from Amalapuram. I speak in a peculiar Godavari slang and I enjoyed it really."

"I do feel bad when a film doesn't perform well at the box-office, but that is part of Telugu cinema and I cannot control the fate of a film. I don't give it much thought. I agree to do a film if I like the story and my character. It's always a team effort and no one can be singled out for the success or a failure of a film.

"Competition is always good and healthy. Every actor has his or her own identity. I want to do different roles rather than being branded in one. If people remember me as a versatile actress, I will feel good. That's the reason why I'm being choosy," Vimala Raman adds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top