Here’s one film that’s making a lot of news even before they’ve started shooting. We’re referring to the remake of 3 idiots, which is to be directed by Shankar, who has become a big brand post the success of Endhiran. CT recently learnt that Vijay, Jiiva and Srikanth will star in the film. However, the latest is that Madhavan, who was part of the Hindi original, has been approached to star in the remake once again!  However, squashing rumours for the umpteenth time that he was in talks with director Shankar for the film, Madhavan, says, “Why would I want to be doing a film that’s already made history? I’ve been a part of that history, and I would not like to go through the motions of playing the same character all over again. That would be taxing, boring, and utterly non-creative.”
We ask him if it’s true that there was an offer of two crore made to him to be part of the film and Maddy shoots back, stating, “When have I ever done a film for money? While Shankar’s a prolific director and I’d like to work with him in the future, right now I’m on a sabbatical, and also in the process of mending my troublesome knee. After that, I start shooting for Lingusamy’s film and then director Vikram’s. I’m also looking forward to the audio launch of Manmadhan Ambu in Singapore. Frankly, if you ask me, I’m both happy and relieved that the cast of 3 idiots has been firmed up because I find it bugging to constantly comment on the speculations floating around.”
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top