In the one year since she made her Sandalwood debut, Priya Mani has scored films with most of the industry's top heroes. "I think I'm just lucky. So don't ask me how I managed to get all these films with just about every top star," laughs the dusky lass. As for bagging the film with Shivanna, to be directed by Raghava Loki, Priya says the director loved her work in Raam and she "flipped" for the script. 
 
Four films in one year and still going strong. Not bad for her, considering most non-Kannada heroines do just one film before disappearing to better their careers in other industries. "I got Kannada offers before Raam, too. But nothing worked out because the scripts weren't good, or the remuneration didn't match up, or my dates clashed," explains Priya. Her other concern was that the Kannada industry isn't as big as its Tamil or Telugu counterparts, which means a smaller market. 
 
The scene isn't different in Tollywood. Priya is doing a film with Nagarjuna and Anushka titled Ragada. She shares a terrific rapport with Nag — that we are aware of. But what about Anushka? Any catfights we should know about? "Anushka's such a sweetheart. So far, it's been smooth sailing. And I'm not insecure about having another heroine in the film," she states. But apparently, Priya asked the director of another untitled Tollywood project to snip Vimala Raman's role in the film. Vimala was a late entry in the project and Priya supposedly didn't appreciate that. 
 
"On the contrary, I was the last to be chosen and Vimala was already in the film! I don't interfere with the director's vision. I do justice to what's offered to me," she clarifies. On the B-town front, Priya confesses that nothing interesting has come her way after Raavan. "But I'm excited about Rakta Charitra 2. Let's see what else Bollywood has to offer," she concludes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top