In Bengaluru, auto drivers are synonymous with mafia, known for rude behaviour and arrogance. But as always there are exceptions to the rule.
K. Panduranga (33), an auto driver who resides in Banshankari IInd stage proved that there are still some honest people in a world where people kill even their kin for money.
On January 14, Pavaman Acharya, a resident of J.P Nagar VIth phase hired an auto from Banshankari BMTC bus stop after withdrawing Rs 5 lakh for his brother Madusudhan’s treatment. Being preoccupied with other things, he forgot to take his bag of money from the auto after he reached his destination. Cursing his fate, he filed a complaint at the J.P Nagar police station.
He could not believe his luck when the auto driver landed at his door step and handed over the cash.
Panduranga, the auto driver who returned back the money told Deccan Chronicle, “Three years ago, someone stole my autorickshaw which was parked on the road in front of my house. After I lost the auto which earned me my daily bread, I was very depressed and searched for the auto across the city. I even lodged a police complaint in vain. But miraculously, I found my auto nearly a month later.
"A friend of mine informed that the auto was parked 2 km away from my house. I rushed to the spot and found the wheels were stolen. I got it repaired and began using it again. The cost of the auto is around Rs 40,000 and I know the value of money.
“If Rs 40,000 could distress me so much, I could empathise with the owner who forgot the bag of cash.” He said he didn’t even count how much money was in the bag. His only priority was to return it to its owner. The man hired the auto from Banashankari bus stop and took it to J P Nagar Phase VI and that was the last hire of that day on Saturday.
"Next day, he found the bag in the rear seat and assumed that the person who got down at J P Nagar Phase VI must have left it. Since he was familiar with the area, he went to the same house and returned the money.
“After the money was handed over, we came to the J P Nagar police station for completing the formalities since a complaint was filed. The DCP (South) issued me a certificate of appreciation.
“After returning the cash, I learnt that the money was meant for a person who was undergoing treatment at a private hospital. Anyhow I believe in the philosophy that God will be good to all good people. When I found my lost auto, it was my duty to return the cash and help the person who had lost it,” Panduranga added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top