With 7 Nandi awards, 1 film fare award and close to 100 movies to his credit, Jagapathi Babu has become a famous actor and was able to earn huge number of lady fans throughout his career. Now, this 'Gaayam' actor is all set to start his new innings as a villain in Tollywood and the actor is going to appear in a negative role opposite to none other than Nandamuri Balakrishna. Let us see what Jagapathi Babu has to say about this new role
 
Q: Tell us about your role in Balakrishna-Boyapati movie
A: I will appear as a stylish villain in the movie and it’s a full length character. 
 
Q: What is the reason beyond sudden decision to act in a negative role?
A: It's not a sudden decision, I have already announced that I’m ready to act in meaningful roles and I was happy that Boyapati Seenu and the producers have considered me for this role.
 
Q: Will you continue to appear as villain from here onwards?
A: I have acted in close to 100 movies and I love to experiment a lot. I don't believe in setting boundary lines and proceed as per that. I don't mind acting in any role as far as the script is good.
 
Q: Have you got a heroine in this film?
A: (Smiles) Well I have got a wife and a heroine in this film.
 
Q: How about your fans? Don't they feel sad to see their favorite actor in negative role?
A: I know that some of my fans will be unhappy to see me as a villain but end of the day I need to think about my survival in the industry. Lot of recent movie hasn’t performed well at the box-office and I have stopped tracking the box-office collections and openings. Instead of doing those lifeless characters, I definitely prefer to do some sensible roles like this. I'm sure that my fans will understand this and support me forever.
 
Q: How did this role come your way?
A: I have done a photo shoot and incidentally Boyapati Seenu saw the stills. He immediately had a meeting with his producers and that is how I was approached for the role. Moreover, I respect the produces Anil Sunkara, Ram, Gopi and Sai garu. Each of them are passionate towards the movies and I’m really happy to be a part of this film.
 
Q: Working with Balakrishna for the first time...
A: I give a deaf ear when someone says "Be careful with Balayya". I know what he is, and both of us have one thing in common, straight forward nature. We act only in reel life, not in real life. I Know Balakrishna for a long time and he one of the best co-star to work with.
 
Q: Will you continue to work as a villain?
A: As mentioned earlier, I’m open to do meaningful roles. If someone approaches me with a good script, I won’t hesitate to do any kind of role. 
 
 
With that, he ended the conversation and one can see a kind of relief in his face after the interview. Jagapathi Babu's inclusion into the cast has increased the expectations on the film and the movie lovers will be definitely looking forward to see Balakrishna-Jagapathi Babu combination on the big screen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top