Many young aspiring actresses, who were hailed as the next big thing, all seem to have gotten the wrong end of the deal. Trade pundits blame it on wrong choices.

Sneha Ullal tops this list with a roller-coaster career. After giving a solid hit in Ullasanga Utsahanga, she did Current, a dud and then came Simha, which fared well, but then she chose a small-time film Madatha Kaja. “Frankly, I never aspired to join the rat race. I have been selective about my work and would like to do different roles. I prefer to work with people I am comfortable with and leave the rest to fate,” she says. Ashmita Sood, who did well with Brahmigadi Katha, also seems to feel the same. “She is ambitious and pragmatic, but likes to tread cautiously,” says a close friend of the actress.
Swetha Basu Prasad, on the other hand, seems to have gone on a signing spree post- Kotha Bangaru Lokam, but her strategy does not seem to have paid off as duds like Kasko and Kalavar King have hampered her T-town innings.
Then we have B-town girls like Sheena Shahabdi and Aksha, who both had great starts. Veeru Potla, who directed Sheena in the hit Bindass, says of her decision to head back to Bollywood, “She had some Telugu offers but she chose to settle down in B-town and we can’t question her decision.” Bollywood definitely gives more mileage than regional films. Whereas, Aksha, who made a mark with Yuvatha and Ride and is back after a gap with Kandireega says, “I am just 19, I have a long way to go and intend to focus more in Tollywood. Already, I have two hits and am confident about Kandireega, so I think my career is moving at the right pace.”
Priya Anand, of Leader fame and Nitya Menon of Ala Modalayindi, both were relying on 180 to reverse their fortunes, but its lukewarm response has not done the job. Director Jayendra says, “Our film received a mixed response, I think both Nitya and Priya’s performance was appreciated. I don’t think that the prospects of the film at box office will have an impact on their careers.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top